Leak Adjustments

You may request an adjustment if you have a water leak on your account. To qualify for an adjustment, the water portion of the bill has to be at least twice the normal monthly average. CUD assists a customer once a year with an adjustment. You must complete a CUD leak adjustment form. An adjustment will be made after the repair and your bill has returned to normal usage. You will be notified via mail as to the adjustment that was made on your account.(Click here for leak form)

How to check for a leak:

  • Read and write down your meter reading.
  • Do not use water for 2-hours (make sure ice maker is off)
  • Re-read the meter, if reading has changed in 2-hours, you have a leak.

Things you can check:

  • Running toilet
  • Dripping faucets
  • Yard (meter to house) … any soft areas, greener areas or water lines under house