Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm
Provide service to District customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the District.
- Receive payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts of payment.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller window.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Verify deposit is properly completed and checks are made payable to the “District”.
- Balance and update daily cash sheet.
- Follow procedures for reconnecting accounts.
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of checks.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Follow all District policies and procedures
- Emergency duty as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: specialized, technical, or practical knowledge, skills, experience or abilities are needed to perform the job. (degrees, certificates, licenses, or other bona fide job qualifications.)
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma
- Minimum four years Cash Account handling experience in a professional office or banking environment required.
- Elevated level of customer service skills and a professional presentation with a pleasant and distinct speaking voice.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to count back cash
- Proficient Computer skills
- Proficient 10-Key skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Organizational skills
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Must have initiative and be resourceful in problem solving
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with District.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written with persons of all economic and education levels. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate ability to juggle multiple tasks
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: physical demands under which the job is performed:
- Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently;
- Typically sitting;
- Intermittently standing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: normal or usual conditions where work is performed:
Work is performed in office setting with moderate noise (primarily from office equipment). The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.