We look for bright, energetic people. If you like to work hard, be fairly compensated, and contribute to a successful team, CUD is the company for you. CUD offers Competitive Salaries and Career Opportunities for a wide range of skill levels and experiences. An Exceptional Benefit Package is offered with all full-time positions. CUD is an equal opportunity employer.
Assist General Manager by managing systems for accounting, payroll, financial reporting, budgeting, capital financing, cash management/investing, long-range planning, purchasing and audit. Consults with GM on matters relating to Information Systems and insurance program. Support and implement all policies outlined in employee handbook.
- Responsible for duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Accountable for the reasonable execution of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise assigned staff in accounting, facilities management and purchasing.
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls to protect district assets.
- Ensure accounting records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of accounting records and bank statements.
- Provide monthly financial reports to Board and General Manger.
- Provide financial impact analysis and forecasts to aid in determining adequacy or rates.
- Obtain and compile annual budget requests from department managers, and present consolidated budget to Board for review and approval.
- Provide periodic budget reports to department managers.
- Ensure compliance with State statutes and Board policy relative to purchasing.
- Coordinate matters relative to capital financing arrangements (bond issues) for the district.
- Prepare annual disclosure and reporting required by bond covenants and SEC requirements.
- Monitor spending and investment of bond proceeds to determine compliance with IRS arbitrage regulations.
- Prepare annual financial report for publication and for use by external auditors.
- Manage investment of district funds to maximize yield and minimize risk.
- Calculate the adequacy of allowance for doubtful accounts, and reserve for health insurance.
- Assist purchasing manager with bids for technical items and for certain annual contracts.
- Prepare and solicit RFPs for professional services, such as audit, investment management, retail banking, etc.
- Help develop procedures, standards, methods, internal controls, budgets and schedules
- Promote cost-consciousness, but not to jeopardize long-term growth for short-term economics
- Operate within the approved budget.
- Maintain an adequate workforce with emphasis on proper placement and development of employees
- Forecast personnel requirements and prepare recommendations to General Manager with respect to the following:
- Hire all personnel under immediate jurisdiction with approval of General Manager
- Control absenteeism, tardiness and turnover to acceptable standards
- Support, implement, enforce company wage and benefit policies for employee
- Recommend the appointment of personnel; conduct performance evaluations; recommend discipline; implement disciplinary procedures; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of departments/divisions; review and make recommendations regarding personnel actions requiring approval of the General Manager.
- Ensure that operations are not interrupted by decisions arising from poor employee relations
- Build positive, productive human relations
- Conduct performance reviews. To feedback results and ensure areas of improvement be satisfied and that outstanding performance be rewarded
- Appropriately encourage suggestions and constructive criticism
- Handle disputes and disciplinary matters within the framework of company policies
- Support, implement and enforce all policies outlined in employee handbook
- Maintain and protect company assets under supervision
- Eliminate sabotage, pilferage, embezzlement, theft and other destructive and costly activities
- Maintain company ongoing programs to train employees and supervisors which will include on-the-job training,
- Assure that employees have the opportunity to receive training needed to improve their level of competence and skill in line with company policies and procedures, and prepare for higher level jobs when so inclined and when company needs dictate
- Develop and maintain training goals
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of management, the technical areas under his supervision and, developments within the company and industry
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, CPA, MBA or a Master’s degree in Accounting (MAc),
- Minimum of ten years accounting or auditing experience, with at least five years supervisory experience.
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles including those related to governments.
- Knowledge of state statutes related to governments/utility districts.
- Leadership and supervisory skills are mandatory.
- Good Computer Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities (and experience)
- Empathic listener and persuasive speaker.
- Speaking in public, to groups, or via electronic media.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Must have ability to effectively work and communicate with people.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to prioritize.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have initiative and be resourceful in problem solving
- Work requires continual attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table.
- Intermittently sitting, standing or walking.
Work is performed in office setting with moderate noise (primarily from office equipment). The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions