Water Treatment Plant Operator
To assist in ensuring continuous operation of water distribution and delivery system by performing water treatment plant operator duties as required. Comply with all policies outlined in employee handbook.
- Perform hourly and daily water quality test.
- Perform minor maintenance on turbidimeters, DP cells and lab equipment.
- Maintain records and enter data to the computer system.
- Ensure reports and paperwork are maintained per Federal, State and CUD requirements.
- Fill day tanks and record scale weights.
- Perform pressure washing, painting, and cleaning the water treatment plant.
- Have the ability to read and understand data from the SCADA system and act accordingly.
- Assist in performing tasks in the bac-T lab.
- Hose out settling basins and flocculators.
- Perform tasks, assignments, and special projects as directed by leader.
- Emergency duty
- Other duties as assigned
- Must meet residential policy requirements of a 25-mile radius and maintain that status as a condition of continued employment.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum three-years water treatment plant and operational logic preferred
- State of TN Water Treatment Operator Grade IV Certificate of Competency or ability to obtain within 18 months.
- Valid Class D driver license and safe driving record.
- Operate a wide range of equipment and hand and air tools
- Basic tool, equipment, and vehicle maintenance
- Intermediate computer skill level
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Need to distinguish between shades of color
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Must have initiative and be resourceful in problem solving
- Must be able to communicate with persons of all economic and education levels
- Should be detailed oriented, able to focus on task-at-hand.
- Aptitude for following all OSHA Safety guidelines
- Work is mostly in the field in a variety of settings and weather conditions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: physical demands under which the job is performed:
Intermittently sitting, standing stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing ladders or entering/ exiting vehicle, Frequent lifting of objects weighing 25 to 50 pounds, use of tools or equipment requiring a high degree of expertise.
WORKING CONDITIONS: normal or usual conditions where work is performed:
Work is primarily performed indoors with some work in a field setting with exposure to moderate noise, and outside elements: dust, dirt, grease, etc. Hazards: Work frequently near moving mechanical parts. Exposure to irritating chemicals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply online at http://www.cudrc.com/careers/ or mail your completed application to Human Resources, P.O. Box 249, Murfreesboro, TN 37133-0249. You may also deliver your application in person at our office located at 709 New Salem Highway, Murfreesboro, TN between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. No Telephone Calls Please.