Water usage per thousand gallons for meters up to 1 inch:
|0 – 5,000||$5.60 (per thousand gallons)|
|5,001 – 10,000||$6.10 (per thousand gallons)|
|10,001 – 20,000||$7.29 (per thousand gallons)|
|20,001 – 100,000||$7.79 (per thousand gallons)|
|Over 100,000||$6.79 (per thousand gallons)|
Minimum Bill Charge for Larger Meters*:
|1 1/2 Inch||$25.56|
*Contact CUD for additional information on rate structure for larger meters.
The table below represents fees that have been approved by the District’s Board of Commissioners to cover costs associated with customer service and other administrative actions to assist customers:
Explanation of Fees:
• Activation Fee – Name Change: Current customer maintaining service at existing address and changing the name on the account (divorce, roommate taking over lease, etc.).
• Activation Fee – New Service: Fee for establishing new service, whether a new customer to CUD or a previous customer, whether meter is read and left on or unlocked.
• Activation Fee – Transfer Service: Current customer moving from one service address to another.
• After Hours Fee: Fee for services connected after hours for new service or after meter was disconnected for non-payment.
• Backflow Fee: Permit charged when a backflow device must be installed on a customer’s side of the meter to prevent cross-connection.
• Cut Lock Fee: Fee charged after lock placed on disconnected meter has been cut or damaged.
• Disconnection Fee: Fee incurred when meter is turned off and locked for non-payment, customer not honoring payment arrangement, or for failure to pay for a return payment.
• Leak Seeker Credit: A credit applied to a customer’s account (CUD employees and Board members excluded) when a leak on the CUD side is called in and reported.
• Move Tap Review Fee and Move Tap Fee: Fees to (a) review the plan to relocate a meter and — if approved — to (b) perform the work to relocate a water meter tap from one location to another on a customer’s property (for example if the existing tap was installed where a driveway is planned for new home construction).
• Return Payment Fee: Fee assessed when a payment is returned (insufficient funds, closed account, fraudulent payment).
• Sewer Late Payment Fee: Fee applied at 4:30 p.m. on the due date for current monthly sewer charges not paid on time.
• Tampering Fee – 1st Offense: Fee charged the first time a customer tampers with water services after they have been disconnected and meter has been removed (hotwire, straight pipe, etc.).
• Tampering Fee – 2nd Offense: Fee charged the second time a customer tampers with water services after they have been disconnected and meter has been removed (hotwire, straight pipe, etc.).
• Water Late Payment Fee: Fee applied at 4:30 p.m. on the due date for current monthly water charges not paid on time.
• Water Profile Fee: Fee charged when a customer requests another water meter profile after one has recently been provided.
CUD Septic Tank Effluent Pump (STEP) System Rates
City of Eagleville Step System:
Note: Murfreesboro Water Resources Department and Smyrna Utility rates are set by those entities.
Irrigation/Pool Adjustment – STEP System Customers Only
Any customer, residential or commercial, is eligible for a one (1) time pool adjustment per year. The customer’s bill may be considered for a STEP sewer adjustment ONLY on the consumption charge. The $28 base rate will not be adjusted. The consumption must be at least two (2) times the average monthly bill. The average consumption will be based on the months November through April.
The adjustment will only be made after the bill reflecting the pool usage has been billed. The adjustment will only be made on the sewer portion of your bill, not the water portion. The amount of adjustment will be applied to the customer’s account and will not be reimbursed in cash.
If you are interested in a fire hydrant, please fill out the Fire Hydrant Application Form. All costs are located at the bottom of the form. Instructions for submittal are located at the top of the form.