Consolidated Utility District (CUD) strives to be #1 through excellence and innovation. Our mission is to provide safe drinking water for all residences, businesses, and governmental agencies – meeting and exceeding all federal and state standards at the lowest possible cost with high quality, efficiency, and integrity.
- In the 1950s and 1960s, rural residents of Rutherford County obtained their water from wells or springs, and those supplies sometimes carried waterborne diseases.
- To provide safe, reliable drinking water to residents, four utility districts were created in Rutherford County: Stones River, Florence, Double Springs and Rockvale. In 1968, these entities merged to become Consolidated Utility District (CUD) of Rutherford County.
- Today, our utility continues to serve the county’s rapidly growing population. Our distribution system contains more than 1,400 miles of pipe, which is greater than the distance from Murfreesboro to Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- We serve more than 65,000 accounts (residential and commercial) in Rutherford County, our customer base stands at over 160,000 people – and growing — and we operate more than 5,000 fire hydrants.
- CUD also manages the K. Thomas Hutchinson Water Treatment Plant, which services all our ratepayers and maintains a capacity of up to 32 million gallons of water per day.
Board of Commissioners
Our Board of Commissioners consists of five members, all of whom are our customers. Our Board Members are:
- President: Mr. Carter Woodruff
- Vice-President: Dr. Rosemary Owens
- Secretary/Treasurer: Mr. Craig Lynch
- Commissioner: Ms. Lynnisse Roehrich-Patrick
- Commissioner: Mr. Hassel Smith, III
- Advisory Member: Mr. Chip Pinion
- Advisory Member: Mr. Allen Swader
- Advisory Member: Dr. Robin Blackman
Our legal consulting firm is Hudson, Reed & Christansen, PLLC. Our consulting engineering firm is James C. Hailey & Company.