Supporting Our Coworkers and the Community
There are many ways we support and promote the good works of our employees and staff, and we also make intentional efforts to live out our Core Values in Rutherford County. For example …
- We spotlight a member of our workforce in each of our monthly newsletters and in our social media pages.
- Because safety in the field is directly related to productivity, we recognize a Safety Champion each quarter.
- For Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day, we place a row of American flags along the front lawn of our Administration Building.
- All of our Board meetings begin with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance.
- During the holiday season, CUD supports a local charity. For the past two years, we have held food drives for Greenhouse Ministries (a nonprofit based in Murfreesboro). In both years, our employees, staff, and Board members donated more than 2,000 pounds of canned goods and personal care items. The photo on this page shows our Facilities/Warehouse Administrator helping to load donated goods for this event.
- At every All-Employee Meeting, we celebrate new additions to the families of our workforce and offer condolences to those who face a loss in their families.
- We promote individual accomplishments, such as professional certifications that have been earned by employees and staff.
- CUD presents employees with service pins in honor of every five years of employment.